Information on the initial permit process and all forms
POLICYOur CCW policies and procedures have changed in order to facilitate the timeliest and most efficient way to issue CCW permits while managing Sheriff’s Office resources.
- California Law grants the Sheriff of a county the ability to issue CCW license. Prior to the issuance of a CCW license, California state statutes require proof of the following:
- The applicant is of good moral character.
- Good cause exists for issuance of the license.
- The applicant is a resident of the county or a city within the county.
- The applicant has completed an approved course of training.
- If you are a resident of Mammoth Lakes, you will need to apply to the Mammoth Lakes Police Department for a CCW permit. (MLPD CCW page)
NOT A MONO COUNTY RESIDENT?
If you are not a Mono County Resident but can submit proof that you work or conduct significant business within Mono County, the Sheriff has the discretion to issue you a license that is valid for no more than ninety (90) days and is only valid in Mono County. There are additional conditions and restrictions to this type of license.
*Note: CCW applications WILL NOT be accepted without an appointment.