The Mono County Office of the District Attorney promotes and protects the public peace and safety of Mono County, California.
Our office strives to:
- Vindicate the rights of crime victims, witnesses, and persons accused of crime;
- Seek and achieve impartial justice;
- Ensure that the guilty are punished and the innocent freed;
- Safeguard the rule of law; and
- Treat all persons involved in the criminal justice system with fairness, dignity and respect.
We perform a critical role as we provide prosecution services to our community. We collaborate with every component of the criminal justice system and the entire community. We strive to earn and hold the trust and confidence of our community by performing our jobs at the very highest level of professionalism with integrity, using the highest ethical standards, compassion, mutual respect and open communications both among members of the public and employees. We attempt to minimize the impact of the criminal justice system upon the lives of victims, witnesses and their families by helping them to overcome the effects of crime. We encourage an environment that is positive, supportive and courteous.