Adult Protection Services (APS) responds to reports from individuals, concerned citizens, social service and health providers, and law enforcement representatives about developmentally disabled adults, physically and mentally disabled adults, and the elderly who may be physically or financially abused, neglected, or exploited.
You may call our 24 hour Hotline to report suspected child or adult abuse at 1-800-340-5411 or 760-932-7755.
In Home Supportive Services
In Home Supportive Services (IHSS) program provides services to assist eligible aged or blind persons or persons with disabilities who are unable to remain safely in their own homes without this assistance. IHSS is an alternative to out-of-home care, such as nursing homes or board and care facilities. Recipients must be eligible for or receiving Medi-Cal. The types of services which may be authorized through IHSS include:
- Domestic and related services such as housecleaning, meal preparation and clean-up, laundry, and grocery shopping.
- Personal care services such as feeding, bowel and bladder care, bathing, grooming, dressing, mobility and transfer assistance, and paramedical care.
- Protective supervision.
- Ancillary services consisting of accompaniment to medical appointments, fittings of health-related devices, or sites where alternate resources provide care in lieu of IHSS.
Eligibility includes but is not limited to:
- Be a citizen of the United States or a qualified alien.
- Live in their own home or home of their choosing (acute care facilities, long term care facilities, licensed community care facilities are not considered "own home").
- Be eligible for or receiving Medi-Cal benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
There are several options available. You can request an application be mailed to you or pick one up at any of our county offices.