About us: The Mono County Child Abuse Prevention Council (CAPC) was established in November, 2001. The rural and isolated characteristics of Mono County significantly influence the availability of child abuse prevention services and resources. As such, the Mono County CAPC identified four areas of need to allocate child abuse prevention grant funds.
* Promotion of Personal Safety and Interpersonal Respect
* Community Development to Remedy the Isolation of Families
* Parent Education and Support
* Individualized and Flexible Parent Coaching
The Mono County Department of Social Services has contracted with Inyo Mono Advocates for Community Action (IMACA), First 5 Mono County, Mono County Office of Education, and Wild Iris to provide services to meet these objectives.
Mission Statement: Mono County CAPC is dedicated to supporting activities, resources and programs that encourage safe, healthy and resilient families.
- Alex Ellis - Supervisor, Mono County Department of Social Services, Child Welfare, Adult Protection and IHSS
- Curtis Hill - Probation Officer, Mono County Probation Department
- DonnaLisa Knowles - Parent/Community Member, Realtor
- Molly DesBaillets - Director, First 5, Mono County
- Sal Montanez - Case Manager II, Mono County Behavioral Health Department
- Susi Bains - Director of Programs, Wild Iris